Friday, May 22, 2015

Community Service

 Community Service this semester was really fun because we did many activities and events. For example, last week we went to Harlem Hospital to talk about how to be safe when having sex, all the type of diseases you can get for having unprotected sex, and a testing treatment for HIV. The person that was running the program was called H.A.P.P.I. The first thing we did that day was play a game of jeopardy. The group was spitted into two sides, left and right, and the question was based on sexual activity and my group lost because we didn’t have as many people as the other team. I wished we would have won because the winning group got a free movie ticket. The next activity we did was a scenario game where each partner had a different type of scenario and had to act it out. All the people who had participated also won a movie ticket. Then around the end, they were teaching us different type of diseases people can get for having unprotected sex. They taught us how to put on a male and female condom and how to check if it expired or not. They were giving free HIV testing treatment for people who think they might have it. Overall, I really enjoyed the experience because I learned many things at that event. They gave us pamphlet and I actually took some because I wanted to read what other information they had to offer. My favorite thing about that event was when some people participated in an activity to try to get a movie ticket, but no one got one and it was pretty funny.

2 comments:

  1. Do you think you did some good in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt we learned alot while doing these activity. And yeah i was upset that we lost because the lady that was picking someone to answer did look at our group.

    ReplyDelete